About Us

Enjoying the modern conveniences of life in a sustainable manner through technology, resourcefulness, and Zone 8a (North Texas) Gardening.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Green Beans Perhaps


The DH and I were discussing what we should eat for lunch. The kids were with Nana, so we could have anything we wanted. We decided on shrimp but still needed a veggie.

I decided to go walk around the garden to see how things were growing and I came back like this:

2012 10 20_8067

It’s nice when that happens…go out for a quick look and come back with a shirt full of something. I guess we’ll have some green beans sautéed with onions with our shrimp.

See what other gardeners are harvesting at Daphne’s Dandelions Harvest Monday.

4 comments:

  1. Nice! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who uses various items of clothing as the gathering basket, having gone out to the garden completely unprepared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the best way to eat and cook! Nice little haul of beans for a spur of the moment harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! It reminds me of all those paintings of women harvesting into their aprons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, nice! Looks somewhat like I usually do when I come from a un-planned raid to the greenhouse! (Note to myself: Must take a photo sometime!) Your photo is great! :) Have a nice week! :) Mia

    ReplyDelete