About Us

Enjoying the modern conveniences of life in a sustainable manner through technology, resourcefulness, and Zone 8a (North Texas) Gardening.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Allies in War

Sometimes you have to go on defense:

Take that Squash Bugs! (tulle covering a pumpkin plant)
And sometimes you have to go on offense:
Take that hornworms and whatever else!
I've also got:
- some wasps that I believe are affecting the cucumber beetles because since the wasp have shown up, I've been hard pressed to see a beetle.
- a frog/toad. I saw it once....actually it scared the crap out of me, but I didn't have my camera. I know its still out there somewhere. It and the spider are probably the reason I have seen no hornworms this year.

2 comments:

  1. I want a toad for my garden. I know a lady who has a lot of different reptiles. I started to buy one from her and put it in my garden. (That does seem a little excessive, though, so I didn't do it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have toads all over the place here, we still have bugs though.

    ReplyDelete