About Us

Enjoying the modern conveniences of life in a sustainable manner through technology, resourcefulness, and Zone 8a (North Texas) Gardening.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

November Gardening Goals

So I decided that I need to come up with some monthly goals. This will help me stay on-task, focused, and better prepared.

November Goals:

Preserving
- Acquire some canning supplies (my freezer is stuffed with harvest and no room for meat)
- Can tomatoes, zucchini, and squash from freezer

Gardening
- Install 6 mill clear plastic sheeting over PVC hoops to form mini greenhouses
- Make beds 5-8
- Weed Beds 3, 9, 11, and 12
- Add more mulch to beds 3, 9, 11
- Plant bed 6
- Try to Seed a cover crop in Bed 5 and cover with sheeting to add with germination
- Add drip irrigation where needed
- Fertilize Brassicas
- Set up the new composter
- Compost old plants from summer garden
- Fertilize (winterize) front lawn, old oak tree, and shrubs

Harvest
Well I didn't plan well. I don't expect to start harvesting anything until the beginning of December. It was my hope to have a nice harvest from the garden for Thanksgiving. Looks like I will only have what has already been frozen...nothing fresh. Oh well, I'll plan better for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment