About Us

Enjoying the modern conveniences of life in a sustainable manner through technology, resourcefulness, and Zone 8a (North Texas) Gardening.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Eggplant Experiment

I pulled all of my summer crops to make way for fall crops. However, one of my eggplants had 2 large eggplants and 3 small eggplants. So I decided not to pull it to allow the 2 large eggplants to ripen.

Well, now I've decided to see how long I can keep the eggplant alive and if it will grow / ripen the other fruit.

The other night, the temps got down to 35, so I ask hubby to put a trash bag over the eggplant for the night. Well hubby decided to use 6 mil plastic to cover the eggplant. Needless to say that created a sauna like environment and the eggplant suffered. So 'The Eggplant Experiment' has not gotten off to a great start. BUT, its still alive, so we will see. Oh and I now have 1.5 mil plastic.


1 comment:

  1. Interesting. Eggplant grows well here but Phil got sick once after eating some (though it likely wasn't the eggplant) and now won't eat it anymore.

    ReplyDelete