About Us

Enjoying the modern conveniences of life in a sustainable manner through technology, resourcefulness, and Zone 8a (North Texas) Gardening.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Herb Garden and Happy Veterans Day

I want to first thank all of our current and former members of the US military. I sincerely thank you for the sacrifice that you are making (made) to ensure that America is safe, to promote democracy, and to ensure basic human rights throughout the world.

Now to my Herb Garden. I planted this garden at the end of September. I didn't plant the entire bed and, as of now, I haven't end mulched it yet. So it is just covered with landscape fabric. I plan to mulch it with rocks to make it a rock-herb garden.

Well guess what, I lost the paper that had my diagram on it. So now I have herbs (weeds?) growing and I don't know what is what. I hope that after they get larger, they will be easier to identify. I plan to plant the entire bed in the spring.

So here are some pics, if you have a clue as to what if growing, please let me know. Here is what I planted (I just don't know where!): Chives, Cilantro, Cumin, Oregano, Parsley, Rosemary, or Sage. Darn, I think I may be missing a couple...I'll have to look through my seeds later. It is also totally possible that something is just a weed and the herb just didn't germinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment