About Us

Enjoying the modern conveniences of life in a sustainable manner through technology, resourcefulness, and Zone 8a (North Texas) Gardening.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Grow Box Update

Its been a few weeks since I planted carrots and potatoes in my grow boxes.

The carrots are doing quite well. The ones that I started indoors (the larger ones) are doing excellent. I - once again - had poor germination on the ones that were planted outdoors (the center and left of the box). Other than that, the growth of the tops look great, although I have not dug down to see what the roots look like. Their package harvest date is in two weeks, but I think that it will take four more weeks in reality. We'll see.
The potatoes are doing great as well. They look to have grown about 2" higher than those outside of the box. The true test will be in the amount of the harvest though, so I have a couple more months to see how that goes.

1 comment:

  1. It seems such an excellent outcome of these grow box. The green beans and apples both are doing quite well there. To offered these images, you have given some concepts to individuals for increasing own boxes. I am very satisfied from this article. indoor growing

    ReplyDelete