About Us

Enjoying the modern conveniences of life in a sustainable manner through technology, resourcefulness, and Zone 8a (North Texas) Gardening.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Celery! What Happened?

A few weeks ago I shared with you how I set the bottom of a grocery store celery in a bowl of water and a new celery stalk started to grow.

I also started some celery from seed in peat pellets.

Well 2-3 weeks ago, I planted both out in the garden....after a very gradual hardening off process. Well the celery grown from seed has thrived and looks well.

But the grocery store celery (both stalks) has gone by the wayside.

The decline started almost immediately. I probably should have planted the grocery store celery in soil sooner than I did. Seems as though it didn't handle the transition from water to soil well at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment