About Us

Enjoying the modern conveniences of life in a sustainable manner through technology, resourcefulness, and Zone 8a (North Texas) Gardening.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

HAPPY VALENTINE'S / POTATO PLANTING DAY

I want to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day.

The DH and I pretty much ignore this day, but this year I couldn't resist getting him a gag gift...I got him an angry bird..lol.

But as for gardeners in North Texas, Valentine's Day marks the day to plant potatoes. So what I really mean by Happy Valentine's Day is Happy Potato Planting Day!

This will be my first time planting potatoes and here is what I have planned:
  • Yukon Gold (purchased from Home Depot)
  • Russet (purchased from the nursery)
  • Purple Majesty (purchased from Farmer's Market)
  • Red Potatoes (purchased from grocery store and sprouted in cabinet)

Pics on our Valentine's Day Potato planting coming soon......

No comments:

Post a Comment