About Us

Enjoying the modern conveniences of life in a sustainable manner through technology, resourcefulness, and Zone 8a (North Texas) Gardening.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Late Summer Garden Layout

So I decided to create a diagram of the garden's layout. This is to clarify what I mean by the Three-Sister-Planting and companion planting.



I saw a black bug on my peas last night; I gave him a good thumbing. Other than that, all looks well. No chewing and growing well. We accidentally watered for 1.5 hours on Saturday, so we hope to not have to water for at least a week. So far, the soil is still moist on top.

The pepper transplants have all dissappeared. Not sure why. I am still taking care of them, hoping the roots are still alive and they'll come to. Perhaps the transplanting didn't go well, so they'll take a little longer to come to. Hopefully an insect didn't get to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment