About Us

Enjoying the modern conveniences of life in a sustainable manner through technology, resourcefulness, and Zone 8a (North Texas) Gardening.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Pea Saga Continues

Ok, so at the last update the peas had began to develop these pretty white blossoms. So I go out today and the white blossoms are gone! I thought I would see more not less! Not only that, there are more shriveled up, dried out, turned-white looking pea pod beginnings (see pics from previous post). So what is going on! Will I ever get peas?! According to my journal, I should not expect peas for another 5 weeks, but those first 'pods' sure got me excited. And then........I start seeing these:
Yes, I think this is the beginning of a real pea pod. Right now its long and thin, but I expect that in 5 weeks, we'll have harvested quite a few peas. Here's hoping things keep progressing!

In other news, the corn looks great. I have two varieties planted:
Burpee's Ruby Queen Hybrid and
Burpee's Bi-Licious
I expect silks any day now.
I found aphids all over one of my squash blossoms. Other than that, I see no damage from them. Yes the little green dots below were moving!
But I think I have some helpers around that will help me out with the intruders.
The eggplant is taking its time, but I don't expect the harvest to start until mid-Oct, so its on time.
And, finally, here's the latest look at the entire garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment